Considering that it’s now December, Christmas cooking will be in full swing and I’ve decided to share some recipes with you all, because I’m lovely like that, and show you how they turn out. Today, we have White Christmas Rocky Road Stars courtesy of a Woolworths shopping catalogue.
Preparation: 20 minutes, plus setting time
Cooking: 5 minutes
– 540g Nestle White Melts, melted
– 3 tbsp vegetable oil
– 3/4 cup (105g) pistachios, chopped
– 50g mini marshmallows
– 1/2 cup (100g) red glace cherries, halved
– 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
1. Grease a 31 x 26cm shallow tray. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhand at both long ends.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Nestle White Melts Choc and oil. Add pistachios, marshmallows, cherries, and coconut. Stir well until combined.
3. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Using a star cutter, cut out stars.
Here’s how it turned out:
Notes from the Christmas Cook:
Note #1: You’ll notice from the photo above that the White Christmas Rocky Road Stars are not actually in the shape of stars. There is a reason behind this. I started to cut out stars and lets be honest here, it was messy and the stars started to crack. Then I realised that there would be a lot of excess White Christmas that wasn’t in the shape of anything so I thought it would be much easier to just cut it into little squares. And by “I”, I mean “we”, because I made it with my Dad.
Note #2: The finished product looks a little more green than the picture that originally accompanied the recipe. Reason being, there were a lot of pistachio crumbs and it seemed a waste to throw them away so they were all just added into the mixture.
Note #3: It tastes delicious!